From March 21 to 25, 2022, as part of the 18th edition of the International Convention and Fair Informática 2022, the results of the “PANORAMA DE LAS TIC EN CUBA” Contest will be presented in the Stand Cuba. It will be located at the Havana Convention Center.
In order to select the projects, the Ministry of Communications invites national organizations and workers from the private sector who are related to the sector so that they are able to present their projects, which can be products, services, integrated solutions and applications.
The main goals are the following:
- To promote the participation of national entities and workers from the private sector who are related to Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in the country, and to encourage the creative, innovative, scientific and technical process of the production and the services as part of the computerization of society.
- To exhibit and spread the knowledge across the nation and the world about the main results of the process of computerization of society.
Goal of the Contest
To exhibit the projects linked to the different areas of ICTs, which have been conceived and developed in the country and which are focused on a national or local solution, and that because of their quality and novelty are worthy representations of the development that has been achieved, and therefore, earned the right to be exhibited in the Stand Cuba.
To select the projects, the following aspects will be taken into consideration:
- They should be innovating solutions or projects.
- They should contribute with a development of their own and with national integration, making it possible to continue moving forward on the path to technological sovereignty.
- They should be products, services, integrated solutions or applications with a significant impact on the country’s economic development or on the population’s life quality.
- They should be a contribution to the strategic objectives of the country in terms of the substitution of imports and/or exports.
Among other aspects, the jury will consider the following ones to select the projects:
- Quality of the submitted documents.
- Economic and social impact proven by the submitted endorsements.
- Technological elements that were used to develop the solution.
- Contribution to the substitution of imports and/or exports in the country.
- No previous selection of the project for the STAND CUBA.
About the participants
Every enterprise, institution, entity or private sector worker related to the development of ICTs in the country will be able to participate, regardless of the sector they belong to.
About the submission of the Projects
- They can be linked to production and services, as long as they are solutions related to ICTs, telecommunication, electronics, robotics or automatics.
- They must have a national or at least sectorial extent.
- They will be submitted to the jury in digital format. In order to be submitted, the projects must comply with the following requirements:
- Digital format (PDF), Font: Arial, Size: 12, Line Spacing: 1.5.
- No more than 8 pages, which must be structured as follows:
- Main author and their data:
- First name(s) and last name(s), academic training, organization (In the case of private workers, the license number should be included)
- Phone numbers and email address.
- Summary (up to 250 words)
- Introduction (one page)
- Body (Technological Solution, Social and Economic Impact)
- Conclusions (one page)
- Annexes (including endorsements) (Not taken into account as part of the 8 required pages). If there are any audiovisual materials, they must be delivered personally at the Permanent Office of the Ministry of Communications.
- The project will be submitted via email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The project can be submitted along with audiovisual materials, photos, samples, etcetera, or it could have conditions to create any of those.
The admission period has expired.
About the Jury
The jury will be made up by the event’s Organizing Committee and by renowned specialists from the field of ICTs.
The main award will be the selection of the project and the acknowledgement that comes from representing the nation through the exhibition of the project inside the main exhibitory hall “PANORAMA DE LAS TIC EN CUBA” at the Fair Informática 2022 and the promotion in the national and international contexts, which is something that the event itself provides.
In addition, each participant will be granted an acknowledgement diploma and they will be mentioned during the opening ceremony and the awards ceremony of the event.